Lecture 7: Church and State
Login to download lecture and curriculum
This course covers the influence of the church and their separation from secular activities; the attempt to run the cities involving church power and political power. Calvin’s influence in Geneva is covered and his attempt to influence France.
Church and State
• Calvin has influence in city of Geneva
• The church: the most important institution
o The church’s structure
o The recognition of the church
• Secular rulers and the church’s approval
• The reformation: supported by secular powers
• Thomas Erastus’s view on the church and state(1524-1583)
• Zwingli’s view on the church and state
• Anabaptists’ view on the church and state
• Calvin’s view on the church and state
o The problems with Calvin’s proposal
• Calvin and his attempt to influence France
• Calvin’s key to success
• The role of education and the ministry
o Calvin’s 3 pillars of an educated minister
If you are enjoying this lecture, would you consider making a donation so others can learn from it as well?
BiblicalTraining is a non-profit and relies on its users for support.