Romans - Lesson 9
II. The Heart of the Gospel: Justification by Faith (1:18–4:25)
A. The Universal Reign of Sin (1:18–3:20)
1. All Persons Are Accountable to God for Sin (1:18-32)
2. Jews Are Accountable to God for Sin (2:1–3:8)
a. The Jews and the Judgment of God (2:1-16)
b. The Limitations of the Covenant (2:17-29)
c. God's Faithfulness and the Judgment of Jews (3:1-8)
3. The Guilt of All Humanity (3:9-20)
B. Justification by Faith (3:21–4:25)
1. Justification and the Righteousness of God (3:21-26)
2. "By Faith Alone" (3:27–4:25)
a. "By Faith Alone": Initial Statement (3:27-31)
b. "By Faith Alone": Elaboration with Respect to Abraham (4:1-25)
Dr. Douglas Moo, from Wheaton College Graduate School, offers an exegetical examination of the book of Romans. This course was recorded during a D.Min. seminar at the Carolina Graduate School of Divinity in May 2012.
Please note that the audio mp3 file numbers on downloaded files are two greater than each lecture number beginning with number 15.