If you login, more information will be available for this lecture. You will have the ability to download the lecture audio file and access other information (if available) such as links, other resources, Head and Hands.
Click on the Head tab to listen to the lecture.
II. The Heart of the Gospel: Justification by Faith (1:18–4:25)
A. The Universal Reign of Sin (1:18–3:20)
1. All Persons Are Accountable to God for Sin (1:18-32)
2. Jews Are Accountable to God for Sin (2:1–3:8)
a. The Jews and the Judgment of God (2:1-16)
b. The Limitations of the Covenant (2:17-29)
c. God's Faithfulness and the Judgment of Jews (3:1-8)
3. The Guilt of All Humanity (3:9-20)
B. Justification by Faith (3:21–4:25)
1. Justification and the Righteousness of God (3:21-26)
2. "By Faith Alone" (3:27–4:25)
a. "By Faith Alone": Initial Statement (3:27-31)
b. "By Faith Alone": Elaboration with Respect to Abraham (4:1-25)