Daniel Block was inspired to devote his life to the study of Hebrew Bible by Rev. Henry Harder, his pastor for a mere two years during his days as a student at the University of Saskatchewan. For fifty years, Block has been sharing God's word with students and churches in four institutions on this continent, inspiring them to live for Christ and His Kingdom. When researching or ministering he is driven by Ezra’s paradigm in Ezra 7:10: seeking the meaning of the Scriptures in their original context, applying their message in his own life, and unleashing their life-giving power through faithful proclamation whenever and wherever God opens the doors.
Together Daniel Block and Ellen have delighted in fellowship and ministry in all sorts of congregations in different parts of North America and around the world. Dr. Block has preached and taught in Africa, Asia, Australia, Europe, and South America. In addition to his work in the academy and for the church he and Ellen have enjoyed transforming their homes into veritable gardens of Eden, and especially visiting their children and grandchildren in their homes.
- Doctorate of Philosophy (PhD) - University of Liverpool
- Master of Arts (MA) - Trinity Evangelical Divinity School
- Bachelor of Arts (BA) - University of Saskatchewan
- Foreign Studies - Friedrich Alexander University
- Bachelor of Education (BEd) - University of Saskatchewan
- Diploma in Biblical Studies - Bethany Bible College