Dr. Bruce Ware is the T. Rupert and Lucille Coleman Professor of Christian Theology (1998). Dr. Ware is a highly esteemed theologian and author in the evangelical world. He came to Southern Seminary from Trinity Evangelical Divinity School where he served as chairman of the Department of Biblical and Systematic Theology. Prior to this, he taught at Western Conservative Baptist Seminary and Bethel Theological Seminary. Ware has written numerous journal articles, book chapters, and book reviews and, along with Thomas Schreiner, co-edited Still Sovereign. He also has authored God’s Lesser Glory: The Diminished God of Open Theism; God’s Greater Glory: The Exalted God of Scripture and the Christian Faith; Father, Son, and Holy Spirit: Relationships, Roles, and Relevance; Big Truths for Young Hearts: Teaching and Learning the Greatness of God; and The Man Christ Jesus: Theological Reflections on the Humanity of Christ.
SchoolSouthern Baptist Theological Seminary
- Doctorate of Philosophy (PhD) - Fuller Theological Seminary
- Master of Divinity (MD) - Western Conservative Baptist Seminary
- Master of Theology (ThM) - Western Conservative Baptist Seminary
- Master of Arts (MA) - University of Washington
- Bachelor of Arts (BA) - Whitworth College