ZORAH (zō'ra, Heb. tsorâh). A city about fifteen miles (twenty-five km.) west of Jerusalem on the border of Judah and Dan (
Solomon’s son Rehoboam strengthened the fortifications of Zorah on his southern flank (
The inhabitants of Zorah variously known as Zorathites (צָֽרְעָתִֽי
The ancient site is represented by the modern Sar’ ah on the N side of the Wadi es-Sarar on a hill overlooking the wadi some fifteen m. N of Beit Jibrin.
F. M. Abel, Géographie de la Palestine, II (1938), 468, 469.
International Standard Bible Encyclopedia (1915)
It is the modern Sur`a, near the summit of a lofty hill on the north side of the Wady es-Surar (Vale of Sorek). The summit itself is occupied by the Mukam Nebi Samit, overhung by a lofty palm, and there are many remains of ancient tombs, cisterns, wine presses, etc., around. From here Eshu`a (Eshtaol), `Ain Shems (Beth-shemesh) and Tibnah (Timnah) are all visible. See PEF, III, 158, Sh XVII.