TIBHATH (tĭb'hăth, Heb. tivhath). In the KJV a city in the kingdom of Zobah, east of the Anti-Lebanon Mountains. David captured it from Hadadezer and sent its treasures to Jerusalem (1Chr.18.7-1Chr.18.9; “Betah” of 2Sam.8.8). NIV has “Tebah” in both passages.
TIBHATH tĭb’ hăth (טִּבְחַ֤ת). A city of Hadarezer, king of Zobath (1 Chron 18:8). Much of the brass used in the Temple furnishings originally came from Tibhath. The parallel passage (2 Sam 8:8) has Betah, but it should probably be Tebah. The site is unknown.
International Standard Bible Encyclopedia (1915)
(tibhchath; Metabechas, Codex Alexandrinus Matebeth; Vulgate (Jerome’s Latin Bible, 390-405 A.D.) Thebath; Peshitta Tebhach): A city of Hadadezer, king of Zobah, from which David took much of the brass used later by Solomon in the construction of the temple-furnishings (1Ch 18:8). In 2Sa 8:8 we must for the beTach of the Massoretic Text read with the Syriac Tebhach. It may be the same as the Tubihi of the Tell el-Amarna Letters; the Dibhu of the Karnak lists; and the Tubihi mentioned with in the "Travels of an Egyptian" in the reign of Rameses II. The site is unknown, but it must have been on the eastern slopes of Anti-Lebanon, between which and the Euphrates we must locate Hadadezer’s kingdom of Zobah. "Tebah" occurs also as an Aramaic personal or tribal name in Ge 22:24.