SECACAH (sē-kā'ka, Heb. sekhākhâh). A village in the wilderness of Judah (Josh.15.61), whose location is unknown.
SECACAH sĭ kā kə (סְכָכָֽה, covering, or barricade). Probably one of four Iron II sites in the Valley of Achor (modern Buqei’ah) in the vicinity of . Assuming that the lines of cities mentioned in Joshua 15:61, 62 consistently runs from N to S, it is Khirbet es-Samrah. The remains feature the following: a large double-walled fortress with an enclosed cistern, nearby dam complexes for exploiting the scanty rainfall, and remains of several stone towers. The pottery fragments all come from a single period, Iron II. See City of Salt.
International Standard Bible Encyclopedia (1915)
se-ka’-ka, sek’-a-ka (cekhakhah; Codex Vaticanus Aichioza; Codex Alexandrinus Sochocha): One of the six cities "in the wilderness of Judah" (Jos 15:61), that is in the uncultivated lands to the West of the Dead Sea, where a scanty pasturage is still obtained by wandering Bedouin tribes. There are many signs in this district of more settled habitation in ancient times, but the name Secacah is lost. Conder proposed Khirbet edition Diqqeh] (also called Khirbet es Siqqeh), "the ruin of the path," some 2 miles South of Bethany. Though an ancient site, it is too near the inhabited area; the name, too, is uncertain (PEF, III, 111, Sh XVII).