Rimmon Perez

RIMMON PEREZ (rĭm'ŏn pĕ'rĕz, Parez in kjv). This was the fourth camp of Israel after Sinai (Num.33.16-Num.33.19). Rimmon was a common place-name, due to the abundance of pomegranates (Heb. for Rimmon) in the Near East then. Perez (“cleft”) was no doubt a valley into which entrance was made between cliffs.


RIMMON-PEREZ rĭm’ ən pĭr’ iz (רִמֹּ֥ן פָּֽרֶץ, rimmōn pereṩ). One of the stopping places of the Israelites in their wilderness journeys between Rithmah and Libnah (Num 33:19, 20; KJV Rimmon-parez). It may be modern Naqb el-Biyar, W of ’Aqaba.

International Standard Bible Encyclopedia (1915)

A desert camp of the Israelites (Nu 33:19 f), unidentified. Gesenius translates rimmon as "pomegranate," the place deriving its name from the abundance of pomegranates. But Conder derives it from ramam, "to be high," and translates it "cloven height."

See Wanderings of Israel.