RAKKATH (răk'ăth, Heb. raqqath). One of the fortified cities assigned to the tribe of Naphthali (
RAKKATH răk’ ĭth (רַקַּ֥ת; LXX Δακεθ, LXX Alexandrinus Ρεκκαθ, LXX Lucian Ράκκαθ; meaning uncertain).
A fortified city in Naphtali. Jewish tradition identified it with Tiberias, but modern scholarship identified it with Khirbet el-Quneitireh, a small ancient site near the W shore of thec. a m. and a half N of Tiberias.
W. F. Albright, “The Jordan Valley in the Bronze Age,” AASOR, VI (1926), 26; Y. Aharoni and M. Avi-Yonah, The Macmillan Bible Atlas (1968), maps 17, 21, 72, 108, 113.
International Standard Bible Encyclopedia (1915)
The Greek is obviously the result of confusing the two names Rakkath and Hammath, taking "r" in the former for "d". Rakkath was one of the fortified cities in Naphtali (