PEDAIAH (pē-dā'ya, Heb. pedhāyāhû, Jehovah redeems)
One from Rumah, father of Zebidah who was Josiah’s wife and Jehoiakim’s mother (2Kgs.23.36).Father of Zerubbabel, son of Jeconiah (1Chr.3.18).The father of Joel and ruler of western Manasseh under David (1Chr.27.20).One from the family of Parosh who aided in repairing the wall of Jerusalem (Neh.3.25).A Benjamite, father of Joed, Kolaiah’s son (Neh.11.7).A Levite appointed by Nehemiah as one of the treasurers over the Lord’s house (Neh.13.13).
International Standard Bible Encyclopedia (1915)
pe-da’-ya, pe-di’-a (pedhayahu, "Yah redeems"):
(1) Father of Joel, who was ruler of Western Manasseh in David’s reign (1Ch 27:20). Form pedhayah (see above).
(2) Pedaiah of Rumah (2Ki 23:36), father of Zebudah, Jehoiakim’s mother.
(3) A son of Jeconiah (1Ch 3:18); in 1Ch 3:19 the father of Zerubbabel. Pedaiah’s brother, Shealtiel, is also called father of Zerubbabel (Ezr 3:2; but in 1Ch 3:17 the spelled "Salathiel"). There may have been two cousins, or even different individuals may be referred to under Shealtiel and Salathiel respectively.
(4) Another who helped to repair the city wall (Ne 3:25), of the family of PAROSH (which see). Perhaps this is the man who stood by Ezra at the reading of the Law (Ne 8:4; 1 Esdras 9:44, called "Phaldeus").
(5) A "Levite," appointed one of the treasurers over the "treasuries" of the Lord’s house (Ne 13:13).
(6) A Benjamite, one of the rulers residing in Jerusalem under the "return" arrangements (Ne 11:7).