MOZAH mō’ zə (הַמֹּצָֽה). One of the towns belonging to the tribe of Benjamin (Josh 18:26). The locality is uncertain. It prob. was a royal pottery, because the name is stamped on the handles of vessels excavated at Jericho and Tell en-Nasbeh. According to some scholars, the site is at or near the Arab village of Qaluniya, 4 m. NW of Jerusalem on the road to Tel Aviv (S. Cohen). The ancient name may survive in Ḥirbet beit Mizzah, and has been adopted by the Jewish colony of Moşah W of Qaluniya (Qālūnjeh). For the name, cf. 1 Chronicles 2:46.
Bibliography J. Simons, Geographical and Topographical Texts of the Old Testament, Leiden (1959), 176f.
MOZAH (mō'za, Heb. môtsâh). A town of Benjamin (Josh.18.26). Its site is not certain: Qaloniyeh, about four and two-thirds miles (eight km.) NW of Jerusalem on the road to Jaffa, has been suggested
A town in the territory of Benjamin named after Mizpeh and Chephirah (Jos 18:26). It may be represented by the modern Beit Mizzeh, the heavy "ts" of the Hebrew letter (tsade) passing into the light "z" of the Arabic, a not unusual change. The name means "place of hard stone." The village lies to the North of Quloniyeh (possibly Emmaus), about 4 miles Northwest of Jerusalem.
An issuing of water, a city of Benjamin (Josh. 18:26).
(fountain), one of the cities in the allotment of Benjamin, (Joshua 18:26) only, named between hae-Cephirah and Rekem.