MEARAH mē âr’ ə (מְעָרָ֛ה). A place mentioned among the places that still remained to be conquered after Joshua’s conquests (Josh 13:4). The site is unknown.
International Standard Bible Encyclopedia (1915)
A town or district mentioned only in Jos 13:4, as belonging to the Zidonians. The name as it stands means "cave." If that is correct it may be represented by the modern village Mogheiriyeh, "little cave," not far from Sidon. Perhaps, however, we should find in the word the name of a Sidonian city, with the preposition min, that has suffered change in transcription. Septuagint reads "from Gaza"; but Gaza is obviously too far to the South.