MALLUCH (măl'ŭk, Heb. mallûkh, counselor)
Ancestor of Ethan, a Levite, son of Merari (1Chr.6.44).A son of Bani. He was one of the men who married foreign women (Ezra.10.29).A son of Harim. He was another man who took a foreign wife (Ezra.10.32).A priest who sealed the covenant (Neh.10.4). He had come from Babylon under Zerubbabel (Neh.12.2).A chief of the people who sealed the covenant (Neh.10.27).
MALLUCH măl’ ək (מַלּוּכְ, counselor). 1. A Levite of the family of Merari; ancestor of Ethan the singer (1 Chron 6:44).
2. A son of Bani; one of those whom Ezra induced to put away his foreign wife (Ezra 10:29; 1 Esd 9:30 KJV, ASV MAMUCHUS).
3. A son of Harim, who was also one of those whom Ezra induced to put away his foreign wife (Ezra 10:32).
4. A priest who signed the covenant under Ezra (Neh 10:4).
5. Another priest who signed the covenant under Ezra (Neh 10:27).
6. A priest who returned from the Exile with Zerubbabel (Neh 12:2).
International Standard Bible Encyclopedia (1915)
(1) A Levite of the sons of Merari, ancestor of Ethan the singer (1Ch 6:44; compare 6:29).
(2) Son of Bani, among those who had foreign wives (Ezr 10:29). He is a descendant of Judah (1Ch 9:4) and is the Mamuchus of 1 Esdras 9:30.
(3) A descendant of Harim, who married a foreign wife (Ezr 10:32).
(4) (5) Two who sealed the covenant with Nehemiah (Ne 10:4,27).
(6) Possibly the same as (4). One of the priests who returned with Zerubbabel (Ne 12:2). Doubtless the Melicu of verse 14’s margin.