More like this
an’-ser: In our English Bible the word "answer" does not always mean a simple reply to a question.
1. In the:
Six different words are translated by answer.
(1) It is frequently used where no question has been asked and in such cases it means a word, a statement.
(2) It also means a response (
(3) It often means a declaration or proclamation from God where no question has been asked. See the many passages that read: "The Lord answered and said."
(4) The other words translated "answer" or "answered" in the Old Testament are unimportant shadings and variations.
2. In the:
The words translated "answer" are not so varied.
(1) It sometimes means an apology, a defense (
(2) It may mean simply "to say" (
(3) It may mean a revelation from God (
(4) It is also used to apply to unspoken thoughts of the heart, especially in the sayings of Jesus; also by Peter to Sapphira (