Speaking with God
Healthy communication requires not only listening but also talking. Prayer is simply talking with God, about anything and everything. He is our new Father, and he wants to hear from you. How do you pray? What do you pray about? What if I have trouble listening to him speaking?
A. How do I pray?
B. "Our Father in heaven"
C. Focus first and foremost on God
1. "Hallowed be your name"
2. "Your kingdom come"
3. "Your will be done"
D. Express total dependence on God
1. "Give us this day our daily bread"
2. "Forgive us our debts as we forgive our debtors"
3. "And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil"
E. Two practical suggestions
1. Speaking with God is a dialogue
2. Memorize the Lord’s Prayer