NAHATH (nā'hăth, Heb. nahath)
A son of Reuel, son of Esau (Gen.36.13, Gen.36.17; 1Chr.1.37).A descendant of Levi, ancestor of Samuel (1Chr.6.26); perhaps the same as Toah (1Chr.6.34) and Tohu (1Sam.1.1).A Levite, overseer of offerings in the days of Hezekiah (2Chr.31.13).
NAHATH nā’ hăth (נַ֥חַת). 1. A clan chief of Edom (Gen 36:13, 17; 1 Chron 1:37).
2. A Kohathite Levite; grandson of Elkanah, the father of Samuel (1 Chron 6:26; perhaps called Toah in verse 34, and Tohu in 1 Samuel 1:1).
3. A Levite who, in the time of King Hezekiah, was an overseer in the Temple (2 Chron 31:13).
International Standard Bible Encyclopedia (1915)
(1) A grandson of Esau (Ge 36:13; 1Ch 1:37).
(2) A descendant of Levi and ancestor of Samuel (1Ch 6:26); also called "Toah" (1Ch 6:34) and "Tohu" (1Sa 1:1).
(3) A Levite who, in the time of Hezekiah, assisted in the oversight of "the oblations and the tithes and the dedicated things" (2Ch 31:13).