A congregation of laymen founded by* about 1360, devoted to prayer, mortification, and charitable works. Officially Clerici apostolici S. Hieronymi, their popular name arose from their frequent ejaculations of “Praised be Jesus” or “Hail Jesus” in preaching. Approved by Urban V (1367), they established monasteries and adopted a white tunic and grayish- brown cloak as habit. They spread throughout Italy and established houses in Toulouse (1425), but were dissolved by Clement IX in 1668 as having lost the spirit of their order. Their female counterpart, the “Jesuatesses” (Sisters of the Visitation of Mary), was founded about 1367 by Colombini's cousin, Catherine Colombini, and existed until 1872.