Lecture 21: Biblical/Theological Issues
Login to download lecture and curriculum
Islam does not teach the doctrine of the Trinity.
Biblical and Theological Issues
I. The “True” Injil
A. The “Epistle” of Barnabus
B. The (First) Gospel of Barnabus
1. First emergence of the title - Gelasian Decree
2. Gnostic background to the book
3. Only known fragment
C. The (Second?) Gospel of Barnabus (Italian text)
1. Historical gap
2. What we know about the Gospel of Barnabus
D. The Textual Distribution of the New Testament by the 7th century
II. Son of God
A. Doctrine of “Shirk” - Deny the Takbir
B. Physical Co-habitation and Biblical Anthropomorphisms
A. The Doctrine of the Trinity and the Doctrines of Transcendence and Immanence
1. Islam/Gnosticism/Deism Transcendence
2. Pantheism/Buddhism/Hinduism Immanence
B. Three truths of the doctrine of the Trinity
1. The Unity of God (takbir)
2. Eternal, personal distinctions within one essence
3. Co-equal, Co-eternal, Consubstantial
C. Islamic confusion about the Trinity
1. Cohabitation views of Trinity - Allah and Mary
2. Patripassionism - Allah is Jesus?
3. Christ a Theanthropic person, not Theanthropic in essence
If you are enjoying this lecture, would you consider making a donation so others can learn from it as well?
BiblicalTraining is a non-profit and relies on its users for support.