Introduction to Wesleyan Theology
About this Class
We are filming the second half of the class this week, January 2 – 6. If you live in the Portland/Vancouver area, you are welcome to be a part of the filming, which means you can not only learn but also interact with Dr. Collins. Please RSVP to Rebekah. Here's the week's schedule.
11. John Wesley's Practical Theology: Holy Love and Grace
12. The God of Holy Love Calling: Convincing Grace and Repentance
13. Justiﬁcation by Faith Alone: The God of Holy Love For Us
14. The New Birth: The God of Holy Love in Us
15. Christian Assurance: The God of Holy Love Witnesses to Us
16. The Process of Sanctiﬁcation: The God of Holy Love Makes Us More Holy
17. Entire Sanctiﬁcation: The Purity and Excellence of Holy Love
18. The Church as the Body of Christ: The Community of Holy Love
19. The Sacraments: The Nurturing of Holy Love
20. Eschatology: The Triumph of Holy Love
Frequently Asked Questions
Who are the programs intended for?
The Foundations program is intended for everyone, regardless of biblical knowledge. The Academy program is intended for those who would like more advanced studies. And the Institute program is intended for those who want to study seminary-level classes.
Do I need to take the classes in a specific order?
In the Foundations and Academy programs, we recommend taking the classes in the order presented, as each subsequent class will build on material from previous classes. In the Institute program, the first 11 classes are foundational. Beginning with Psalms, the classes are on specific books of the Bible or various topics.
Do you offer transfer credit for completing a certificate program?
At this time, we offer certificates only for the classes on the Certificates page. While we do not offer transfer credit for completing a certificate program, you will be better equipped to study the Bible and apply its teachings to your life.