Dr. Kuzmic provides a framework for the class based on 6 specific statements about a theology of missions. Our theology determines our worldview. We must live as citizens of two kingdoms. We need a theologically grounded missiology and a missiological focused theology.
Thesis on Theology of Missions
1. Thesis 1 - God of the Bible is a missionary God and the Church is God's missionary people.
2. Thesis 2 - Missions is at the center of God's divine purpose for the human race, not just something peripheral or added on.
3. Thesis 3 - The Church of Jesus Christ is not the place that collects and conserves people for heaven that functions as a waiting room for the hereafter. The Church of Jesus Christ is God's transformative agent in the world.
4. Thesis 4 - Our overarching hermeneutic is a two-way journey between the text and the context, the Word and the world.
5. Thesis 5 - Jesus expects from us to obey the Great Commission and to practice the Great Compassion.
6. We need a theologically grounded missiology and a missiological focused theology.