In Part 4, Dr. Daniel Wallace addresses how now that we understand why there are variants in the manuscripts, how does the art and science of textual criticism help us determine which variants are most likely to be original?
1. What is textual criticism?
2. What is “external” criteria, and what are some examples?
3. What are “text families,” and what does it mean to weigh, not count, manuscripts?
4. What is “internal” criteria, and what are some examples?
5. What does the phrase “more difficult” reading mean?
6. Is it more likely that scribes added to or subtracted from the manuscripts? Why?