We are happy to announce a new Institute class: "The Spiritual Life of the Leader." The speaker is Dr. Stephen Martyn (not the banjo player, as he says).
This is a critical class in the life of a church. Pastors and other leaders are so busy taking care of others that they often fail to take care of themselves. And pastors especially are prone to attack from unhappy people in the church and often do not know how to handle the conflict. This is one reason why only 1 out of 10 seminary-trained pastors are still in ministry within ten years of graduation.
Among the many topics covered are:
- Red flags in your ministry
- How "who you are" precedes "what you do"
- Evaluating your motives
- Balancing our inner Mary and Martha voices
- The Eight Deadly Sins
- Crisis and Growth
- The unhealthy, perceived differences between clergy and laity
We encourage churches around the world to free up their leaders so they can attend this class, protect themselves, and serve you better.
Free and yet costly
These classes are free for you, but they come at a significant cost to BiblicalTraining.org. If you believe our ministry is important, please consider a monthly donation. Here are some basic facts about running the ministry.
- New video classes cost about $25,000 to produce.
- Our barebones monthly budget for the ministry is $18,000.
- This fiscal year, we have been blessed by the giving of 417 donors.
- 84% of our donations come from our board and a few major donors.
- 16% of our donations come from an average of 50 faithful monthly givers who donate between $5 and $250 a month.
- Over 800,000 people use our site every year.
- Approximately 0.052% of BiblicalTraining.org's yearly users are currently supporting this ministry.
If people would commit to a monthly gift, no matter what size, it would make a significant difference in the resources we can provide for you.