Open Arms Church
TIP: Save this page in your browser favourites
During this time of isolation, we want to invite you to join with us on a journey of discipleship to deepen your knowledge and understanding of scripture. Together as a church we will walk through these studies (seen below on this page). Our first one is called 'Life is a Journey'. After each weeks study if you have questions or would like to discuss any aspect of that weeks lesson, please go to the Study Group for that week as it will appear above.
Our first study is Part 1 of Life is a Journey - Lecture 1 Conversion
(timetable for study and links to each lesson is below)
This lesson has been chosen to assist new believers, as well as those on the journey for a long time who want to obtain a deeper knowledge and understanding of the fundamentals of the Christian walk and life. We envisage this being incredibly useful for all of us.
We will take 1 lesson per week (although you can work at your own pace if you wish). One week though, gives time for the information to 'sink in' and to be digested. So each week (Sunday to Sunday) we invite you to join us in the group study (Life is a Journey Group Discussion) to ask and answer questions we will provide based on that weeks lecture.
Each lecture is 26 - 42 minutes in length (some video and some audio), and we encourage you to use a Bible and notebook and find a quiet place to devote time to this. Study notes are provided as PDF's for each lecture. You may wish to collate them together in a study folder. As you complete each weeks study you will complete that module and can track your journey in your account.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR STARTING
- Click on the 'Life is a Journey' link below under COURSES/CERTIFICATES. You will be invited to 'ENROL' by creating an account with your email address.
- Select option 3 when asked about GROUPS during registration and input this group ID: 662104 (this is very important)
- Come back to this page: https://www.biblicaltraining.org/lp/oac and take the course - starting with the course introduction.
- If you want to join in our discussion click on the LIFE IS A JOURNEY GROUP DISCUSSION under links below in the side menu.
- Repeat steps 3-5 each week.
Once registered - between now and Sunday, listen to the COURSE INTRODUCTION to begin your orientation before we start.
- Sunday April 5th: Lecture 1: CONVERSION
- Sunday April 12th: Lecture 2: CHANGE
- Sunday April 19th: Lecture 3: WHEN YOU STUMBLE
- Sunday April 26th: Lecture 4: LISTENING TO GOD
- Sunday May 3rd: Lecture 5: SPEAKING WITH GOD
- Sunday May 10th: Lecture 6: LEARNING MORE ABOUT GOD
- Sunday May 17th: Lecture 7: WHO IS JESUS
- Sunday May 24th: Lecture 8: WHAT JESUS DID
- Sunday May 31st: Lecture 9: HOLY SPIRIT
- Sunday June 7th: Lecture 10: WALKING WITH GOD
- Sunday June 14th: Lecutre 11: WALKING TOGETHER
- Sunday June 21st: Lecture 12: INVITING OTHERS TO WALK WITH YOU