Tower of the Hundred

HUNDRED, TOWER OF THE (מִגְדַּ֤ל הַמֵּאָה). One of the towers of the N wall of the city of Jerusalem which Eliashib the high priest and his fellows restored (Neh 3:1). It is mentioned also in the great procession at the dedication of the walls (12:39). This tower and the tower of Hananel mentioned with it were for the purpose of protecting the NW approach to the Temple area. See M. Avi-yonah, “The Walls of Nehemiah,” IEJ 4 (1954): 241f.