JAMIN (jā'mĭn, Heb. yāmîn, right hand)
A son of Simeon (Gen.46.10; 1Chr.4.24), or a clan of Simeon (Num.26.12).A son of Ram of the tribe of Judah (1Chr.2.27).A teacher of the law under Ezra (Neh.8.7).
JAMIN jā’ mĭn
). 1. A son of Simeon (Gen 46:10
; Exod 6:15
; Num 26:12
has gentilic name Jaminites
2. A Judahite, son of Ram, and grandson of Jerahmeel (1 Chron 2:27).
3. An Israelite (it is uncertain whether he was a priest or a Levite) who helped interpret the law to the people when Ezra publicly read it (Neh 8:7; 1 Esd 9:48 KJV Adinus, ASV Iadinus).
International Standard Bible Encyclopedia (1915)
(yamin, "right hand"):
(1) In Ge 46:10; Ex 6:15; Nu 26:12; 1Ch 4:24, a "son" (clan) of Simeon.
(2) In 1Ch 2:27, a Judahite, "son" of Ram and grandson of Jerahmeel.
(3) In Ne 8:7, a Levite (?), one of those who "caused the people to understand" the Torah when Ezra enforced it = "Iadinus" in 1 Esdras 9:48.