ELIOENAI (ēl'ī-ō-ē'nī, to Jehovah are my eyes)
1. A son of Neariah of the family of David (
2. The head of a family of Simeon (
3. The head of one of the families of the sons of Beker, son of Benjamin (
4. A son of Pashhur, a priest who put away his foreign wife (
5. A son of Zattu who married a foreign wife (
6. A priest, perhaps the same person as no. 4 (
See also Eliehoenai.
ELIOENAI ĕl’ ĭ ō ē nī (אֶלְיוֹעֵינַ֗י, unto the Lord are my eyes). The name of six men in the OT. 1. The son of Neariah and father of Hodaviah and six others (
2. A descendant of Simeon (
3. The son of Becher, the son of Benjamin (
4. One of six sons of Pashhur, of the priestly family that had married foreign wives (
5. One of six sons of Zattu of Israel who had a foreign wife (
6. A postexilic priest who had a trumpet at the time of the giving of thanks at the dedication of the wall (
This name should not be confused with Eliehoenai (q.v.). KJV fails to distinguish in spelling the two distinctly different names.