Beth Gilgal

BETH GILGAL (bĕth' gĭl'găl, Heb. bêth hagilgal, house of Gilgal). A place from which singers came to the dedication of the Jerusalem wall. It is probably to be identified with Gilgal (Neh.12.27-Neh.12.29).


BETH-GILGAL bĕth gĭl’ găl (בֵּית־הַגִּלְגָּ֔ל, omitted in LXX, house of Gilgal), KJV HOUSE OF GILGAL. A town prob. to be identified with Gilgal c. four m. SE of Jericho. It is one of the villages around Jerusalem from which singers came to celebrate the dedication of the wall rebuilt under Nehemiah (Neh 12:29).

International Standard Bible Encyclopedia (1915)

The Gilgal which lay in the plain East of Jericho (Ne 12:29).

See Gilgal.