ADIEL (ā'dĭ-ĕl, Heb. ‘ădhiēl, ornament of God)
A descendant of Simeon (1Chr.4.36).A priest, son of Jahzerah (1Chr.9.12).Father of Azmaveth, who was supervisor of David’s treasuries (1Chr.27.25). Perhaps the same as no. 2.
ADIEL ā’ dĭ əl (עֲדִיאֵ֛ל, God is an ornament). 1. A Simeonite prince in the time of Hezekiah who increased his lands by defeating the people of Gedor (1 Chron 4:36-43).
2. A priest whose son Maasai returned to Jerusalem after the Babylonian Exile (9:12).
3. The father of Azmaveth, who was in charge of the royal treasures of David (27:25).
International Standard Bible Encyclopedia (1915)
(`adhi’el, "ornament of God"):
(1) One of the "princes" of the tribe of Simeon, who, in the days of Hezekiah, smote the aborigines of Gedor and captured the valley (1Ch 4:36 ff).
(2) Father of Maasai, one of the priests who dwelt in Jerusalem after the return from the Exile (1Ch 9:12).
(3) Father of Azmaveth who was over David’s treasures (1Ch 27:25).