HISTORICAL RELIABILITY: More Reasons to Believe the Bible is Credible History
Blomberg addresses the issues of the non-Christian testimony to Jesus, archaeology, and the testimony of other early Christian Writers. He concludes with a powerful discussion of three ways to believe, and what the relationship is between faith and reason.
10. Non-Christian Testimony to Jesus
Conclusion on what we know for sure about Jesus
Pools of Bethesda and Siloam
The “Jesus Boat”
Foundations of a first century home in Nazareth
12. Testimony of other early Christian Writers (Before the gospels were written)
1 Corinthians 15:3-5
Paul’s conversion and learning was within 1-2 years of Jesus’ death.
Craig Keener, Miracles: The Credibility of the New Testament Accounts
Conclusion: Three ways to believe
1. Leap of faith in spite of the evidence
2. Leap of faith even if there is no evidence
3. Leap of faith propelled by the momentum of evidence