HISTORICAL RELIABILITY: More Reasons to Believe the Bible is Credible History
Blomberg addresses the issues of the non-Christian testimony to Jesus, archaeology, and the testimony of other early Christian Writers. He concludes with a powerful discussion of three ways to believe, and what the relationship is between faith and reason.
10. Non-Christian Testimony to Jesus
Conclusion on what we know for sure about Jesus
Pools of Bethesda and Siloam
The “Jesus Boat”
Foundations of a first century home in Nazareth
12. Testimony of other early Christian Writers (Before the gospels were written)
1 Corinthians 15:3-5
Paul’s conversion and learning was within 1-2 years of Jesus’ death.
Craig Keener, Miracles: The Credibility of the New Testament Accounts
Conclusion: Three ways to believe
1. Leap of faith despite the evidence
2. Historical evidence is irrelevant
3. Leap propelled by momentum