Lecture 9: The Nature of Paul's Theology
Login to download lecture and curriculum
Paul's writings show that his theology is coherent. Passages in his letters that show different aspects of his theology were written to address specific concerns, not an indication that his theology was in the process of changing. Also, a discussion of the "center" of Paul's theology.
The Nature of Paul's Theology
II. Two issues have dominated the study of Paul’s theology.
A. The issue of Paul’s coherence (and significance): three positions
1. Paul as the Prince of Theologians
2. Paul as a Developing Theologian
3. Paul as a Religious Mystic
B. The issue of the “center” of Paul’s theology
1. Is talk of a “center” to Paul’s theology helpful?
2. What center should we choose? Two cautions
3. A proposal for the “center” of Paul’s theology
If you are enjoying this lecture, would you consider making a donation so others can learn from it as well?
BiblicalTraining is a non-profit and relies on its users for support.