Lecture 13: Socialism and Capitalism
Login to download lecture and curriculum
The Bible and Socialism, Moral Defense of Capitalism
The Christian Worldview and Economics
I. The Bible and Socialism
A. The Jubilee Year
1. Leviticus 25
2. Freedom for slaves and return of land
B. A Reexamination of the Jubilee Concept
1. Redistribution did not affect every kind of wealth
2. Not all the poor benefited from the redistribution
3. Land would be leased instead of sold
C. Abraham's Purchase of a Grave for Sarah - Gen. 23
II. A Moral Defense of Capitalism
A. Help for the Masses
1. Makes a bigger pie
2. Made poor more noticeable
B. Social Cooperation
C. Private Ownership and Moral Behavior
1. Arthur Shenfield
2. Personal property is treated differently
D. Everything has a Cost
1. Capitalism teaches this truth.
2. Socialism urges people to behave as if there were no cost.
1. The alternative to free exchange is coercion and violence.
2. Capitalism is the most more, most effective, and most equitable system of economic exchange.
If you are enjoying this lecture, would you consider making a donation so others can learn from it as well?
BiblicalTraining is a non-profit and relies on its users for support.