- Support BT
Login to download lecture and curriculum
IV. The Defense of the Gospel: the Problem of Israel (9:1-11:36)
A. Introduction: The Tension Between God's Promises and Israel's Plight (9:1-5)
B. Defining the Promise (1): God's Sovereign Election (9:6-29)
C. Understanding Israel's Plight: Christ as the Climax of Salvation History (9:30-10:21)
1. Israel, the Gentiles, and the Righteousness of God (9:30-10:13)
a. The Righteousness of God and the "Law of Righteousness" (9:30-33)
b. The Righteousness of God and "Their Own Righteousness" (10:1-4)
c. Gospel and Law (10:5-13)
2. Israel's Accountability (10:14-21)
D. Summary: Israel, the "Elect," and the "Hardened" (11:1-10)
E. Defining the Promise (2): The Future of Israel (11:11-32)
1. God's Purpose in Israel's Rejection (11:11-15)
2. The Interrelationship of Jews and Gentiles: A Warning to Gentile Believers (11:16-24)
3. The Salvation of "All Israel" (11:25-32)
F. Conclusion: Praise to God in Light of His Awesome Plan (11:33-36)
Have you benefited from this class?
Please donate now
Would you help others do the same?
BiblicalTraining is a non-profit
and relies on its users for support.