- Support BT
Login to download lecture and curriculum
This course covers the theological differences between what Luther and the Protestant reformers, and the Roman Church believed with respect to baptism and other sacraments.
The Sacraments and Baptism
• Luther is in exile (kidnapped)
• Luther’s primary goal and concern
• The papacy put out of commission
• Zwingli revolting against Rome in Switzerland independently of Luther
• Peter Lombard (sacramentarians)
• Luther’s challenge of matrimony
• Transubstantiation (Aristotle’s influence)
• Luther’s objection to transubstantiation
• Luther’s mix of reformed and catholic believes
• Zwingli’s belief of the sacraments
• The Gospel rules out works
o The Anabaptists
o Their beliefs on baptism
• Citizen’s meaning of baptism
Have you benefited from this class?
Please donate now
Would you help others do the same?
BiblicalTraining is a non-profit
and relies on its users for support.
1 hour 14 min