Lecture 17: Explorations in Buddhist Apologetics 3
Login to download lecture and curriculum
The doctrines of transmigration and reincarnation are central to Buddhism and provide no assurance for Buddhists of their ultimate spiritual destination.
Penetrating the Buddhist Heart
II. Explorations in Buddhist Apologetics (part 3)
A. Ten Insights from Buddhist converts: an inside view
1. If you meet Christ on the road, you should worship Him:
2. But, what will mom and dad say? Family Ties in a “shame” based culture
3. God of mercy, God of grace!! Amazing love, how can it be that thou My God shouldst die for me!
4. Jesus is “fully God, fully man” – God in the flesh
5. Where’s the Eschaton: The ‘telos’ of the Christian faith!
6. What about the “Self”? Is Self and/or selflessness the same in Christianity and Buddhism?
7. What is inherently wrong with desires?
LECTURE BEGINS HERE:
8. A “second look” at the doctrine of transmigration / reincarnation
9. Has Buddhism “cast out all fear”?
10. Contextualization without Compromise
If you are enjoying this lecture, would you consider making a donation so others can learn from it as well?
BiblicalTraining is a non-profit and relies on its users for support.