Lecture 25: His Life
Login to download lecture and curriculum
Augustine is a Latin church father, is considered by many to be one of the most important figures in the development of Western Christianity.
I. His Early Life and Conversion
A. Opening Prayer of Confessions
3. Hippo Regius
1. Monica - His Mother
2. Adeodatus - His Son
3. Alypius - His Friend
4. Ambrose - Bishop of Milan
E. Major Events
1. Born in North Africa - 354
2. First visit to Carthage - 371
3. Takes a mistress - 372
4. Adeodatus is born - 373
5. Begins a nine-year attachment to Manicheanism - 373
6. Crosses the sea to Rome - 383
7. Becomes public orator at Milan - 384
8. Conversion - 386
If you are enjoying this lecture, would you consider making a donation so others can learn from it as well?
BiblicalTraining is a non-profit and relies on its users for support.