“The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock.”
The Foundations Bible Diploma provides a structured way to learn the Bible at a foundational level. It requires a 33-week commitment at a price of $495. The program makes use of the core Foundation classes, provides a schedule, and encourages you to work through the classes in a group of people (a "cohort"). You will be awarded a beautiful diploma when you have completed all of your work, and we are there to support your journey.
- Life is a Journey
- Bible Survey, A Big Screen Perspective
- Old Testament Survey and New Testament Survey (Track1), or The 52 Major Stories of the Bible (Track 2)
- How to Read Your Bible
- A Guide to Christian Beliefs
- Basics of Spiritual Growth
If you enroll in Track 1, you study an Old Testament Survey class and a New Testament Survey class to get an overview of the Bible. If you enroll in Track 2, you take the 52 Stories of the Bible which gives you the survey content in a story format. If you want certificate credit for both survey options, we recommend that you enroll in Track 1 and complete the Diploma, and then take the 52 Major Stories of the Bible Certificate as an individual certificate.
If you have already completed the Certificate in Biblical Studies, (which is made up of the 3 classes Bible Survey, OT Survey and NT Survey) take Track 2 because the OT and NT Survey classes in Track 1 are the same classes that are in the Certificate in Biblical Studies. The Bible Survey class is the same, so we recommend you use this as an opportunity to review the material and are able to write out the books of the Bible from memory.
Because we learn better in community, we encourage you to find a group of friends and study together. Our curriculum is set up to require 1.5 – 2 hours of listening, 30 minutes of personal reflection, and an hour of group discussion every week. You can study any way you wish, but this is our strong recommendation. Therefore, there are three ways to enroll in the Diplom program.
- Enroll as an individual, which will place you into the default cohort for the year.
- Create a new cohort when you enroll, and invite your friends to join.
- Enroll and join an existing cohort.
- The year is divided into three quarters of twelve weeks each.
- It requires 3 hours per week. 60-90 minutes each week for listening to the lessons (except for a few weeks), 30 minutes of private, guided reflection time, and then meeting in person with your small group for an hour of discussion where you can talk through the issues raised by the lessons.
- Here is the schedule for Track One (which uses Old Testament and New Testament Survey classes) and Track Two (which uses the 52 Major Stories of the Bible class).
- If you start the week of September 24, your learning will be in sync with others, which makes the forums and other communication tools more effective.
Enrollment will open again in August 2019, for September 2019 through May 2020.
Cost for the program is $495. If you would like to discuss installment payments, please contact us at [email protected]