“The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock.”
The Foundations Bible Diploma provides a structured way to learn the Bible at a foundational level. It requires a 33-week commitment at a price of $495. The program makes use of the core Foundation classes, provides a schedule, and encourages you to work through the classes in a group of people. You will be awarded a Diploma of Completion when you have passed the online quizzes that you can access from a link on each lecture page. We are there to support your journey.
- Life is a Journey
- Bible Survey, A Big Screen Perspective
- Old Testament Survey and New Testament Survey (Track1), or The 52 Major Stories of the Bible (Track 2)
- How to Read Your Bible
- A Guide to Christian Beliefs
- Basics of Spiritual Growth
If you enroll in Track 1, you study an Old Testament Survey class and a New Testament Survey class to get an overview of the Bible. If you enroll in Track 2, you take the 52 Stories of the Bible which gives you the survey content in a story format.
If you want certificate credit for both survey options, we recommend that you enroll in Track 1 and complete the Certificate, and then take the 52 Major Stories of the Bible Certificate as an individual certificate.
If you have already completed the Certificate in Biblical Studies, (which is made up of the 3 classes Bible Survey, OT Survey and NT Survey), take Track 2 because the OT and NT Survey classes in Track 1 are the same classes that are in the Certificate in Biblical Studies. The Bible Survey class is the same, so we recommend you use this as an opportunity to review the material and are able to write out the books of the Bible from memory.
Paperback versions of the Student's Guides for Life is a Journey, Bible Survey, 52 Major Stories, How to Read Your Bible, A Guide to Christian Beliefs, and Basics of Spiritual Growth are also included at no extra cost (U.S. and Canada addresses only). You can also download a PDF version from each class page.
Because we learn better in community, we encourage you to find a group of friends and study together. Our curriculum is set up to require 1.5 – 2 hours of listening, 30 minutes of personal reflection, and an hour of group discussion every week. You can study any way you wish, but this is our strong recommendation. BEFORE YOU CLICK ON THE ENROLL BUTTON to enroll in the Certificate program, choose one of the three options in the GROUP OPTIONS dropdown menu:
- Choose Single Enrollment to enroll as an individual, which will place you into the default cohort for the year.
- Choose the second option in the dropdown menu to Create a new cohort when you enroll, and invite your friends to join.
- Choose the third option in the dropdown menu to Enroll and join an existing cohort.
If you are studying with a group, have your group leader enroll using "Enroll and Create a Private Group" option. Your leader can then give you the group code. You can enter your group code when you enroll by choosing the "Enroll and Join an Existing Group" option.
- The year is divided into three quarters of twelve weeks each.
- It requires 3 hours per week. 60-90 minutes each week for listening to the lessons (except for a few weeks), 30 minutes of private, guided reflection time, and then meeting in person with your small group for an hour of discussion where you can talk through the issues raised by the lessons.
- Here is the schedule for Track One (which uses Old Testament and New Testament Survey classes) and Track Two (which uses the 52 Major Stories of the Bible class).
The cost for this program is $495.00. You can either pay in full or choose PayPal Credit on checkout and pay 6 monthly installments of $82.50. There is no interest if paid in full within 6 months.