1. These are introductory level classes grouped by subject.
2. Each Certificate includes classes, a workbook for each class, and a 5 question multiple choice quiz for each lecture.
3. The quizzes are automatically graded. We print and mail you a certificate when you complete all the quizzes in the certificate with a passing grade.
4. We don't grade the work you do in the workbook but we encourage you to study with a mentor or small group.
5. The enrollment fee is different for each certificate depending on the number of lectures.
6. If you do not want access to the quizzes or a printed certificate, you may listen to the lectures at no charge by going to the Course page in the Foundations or Leadership section and clicking on the Enroll Now and the Checkout buttons.
7. You can see the certificates we offer by clicking here.
While you are welcome to attend any classes or lectures you wish, our strong recommendation is that you commit to an entire course of study. To encourage this, we have Certificates that walk you through an entire course of study. You will be able to:
- learn in community by giving your group a common learning path,
- receive tangible mile markers as they progress through the content,
- and when done, receive a Certificate celebrating their achievement (click here to see sample).
- earn CEU's from ACSI.
You can begin anytime and work through the classes at your own pace. Each class in the Certificate section has audio and/or video lectures, outlines and reflection questions that you can download. There is also an online quiz for each lecture. You listen to the lecture, take notes to go along with the outlines, and then take some time to reflect on the discussion questions. Write out your answers, then meet with your mentor and/or small group to process what you are learning.
After you listen to each lecture, take the online quiz by clicking on the Assessment tab on the lecture page, and then the Start Quiz button. The multiple choice questions are graded automatically. When you pass all the quizzes, we mail you a certificate of completion. If you teach at a Christian school and want to meet ACSI requirements, you can take the certificates that ACSI has approved for CEU credits in biblical studies. At this time, our certificates are not accredited for college or seminary credit.
Certificates are for people who are working at the Discipleship level, people in the church who want to grow spiritually, and especially for people moving into lay leadership such as elders. You can attend a Certificate on your own, but they are specifically designed for small groups, elders, and the like who want to work together. Of course, the small group could be individuals scattered throughout your church, community, or country. You can read detailed directions on how to get started with the certificate program (enrolling, taking a class, taking a quiz, etc.) by clicking here. (This uses the previous version of the website, but will be updated soon)
All of the content in BiblicalTraining is given away for free except for these certificates. The enrollment fee for each one corresponds to the number of lecture hours in it. In order to pay for all the new content, we ask that people honor the copyright, which means that the audio and printed resources should not be shared with people who have not paid for the Certificate.