Foundations Bible Certificate Track 1
“The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock.”
The Foundations One-Year Bible Certificate provides a structured way to learn the Bible at a foundational level. It makes use of the core Foundation classes, provides a schedule, and encourages you to work through the classes in an online group of people. You will be awarded a beautiful certificate when you have completed all your work.
Classes In Track One
- Life is a Journey
- Bible Survey, A Big Screen Perspective
- Understanding the Old Testament
- New Testament Survey
- How to Read Your Bible
- A Guide to Christian Beliefs
- Basics of Spiritual Growth
If you have already completed the Certificate in Biblical Studies, enroll in the Foundations Bible Certificate Track 2 because the Old Testament and New Testament Survey classes in Track 1 are the same classes that are in the Certificate in Biblical Studies.
We will mail you a paperback version of the student's guide for Life is a Journey, How to Read Your Bible, and A Guide to Christian Beliefs at no extra cost (U.S. and Canada only). You can also download a PDF version.
We learn best when we learn together.
Because we learn better in community, we encourage you to find a group of friends and study together. Our curriculum is set up to require 1.5 – 2 hours of listening, 30 minutes of personal reflection, and an hour of group discussion every week. You can study any way you wish, but this is our strong recommendation. BEFORE YOU CLICK ON THE ENROLL BUTTON, choose one of the three options below:
- Choose "Single Enrollment" to enroll as an individual.
- Choose "Enroll, and Create Private Group" to and invite your friends to join.
- Choose "Enroll, and Join an Existing Group."
If you are a group leader share the group ID number with other people in your group before they enroll so they can enroll in your group.
- The year is divided into 3 quarters of twelve weeks each.
- It requires 3 hours per week. 60-90 minutes each week for listening to the lessons (except for a few weeks), 30 minutes of private, guided reflection time and then meeting in person with your small group for an hour of discussion where you can talk through the issues raised by the lessons.
- Click here to download the schedule for this certificate.
The cost for this program is $495.00. You can either pay in full or choose PayPal Credit on checkout and pay 6 monthly installments of $82.50. There is no interest if paid in full within 6 months.