Lecture 8: Buddhist Dissent
Login to download lecture and curriculum
The key insight of the Upanishads is the identification of atman with Brahman. Buddhists deny both atman and Brahman.
IX. The Voice of Dissent: The Brahminical Challenge
A. Anatman (No-Self)
1. The Five Aggregates of life changing
2. Impermanence of everything
B. Pratitiya Samutpada (Interdependent Arising)
1. Claim that Buddha is divine
2. Siddhartha Gautma was not the only Buddha
3. Mahayana vs Teravada Buddhism
X. The Emergence of Popular Bhakti Movements in India
If you are enjoying this lecture, would you consider making a donation so others can learn from it as well?
BiblicalTraining is a non-profit and relies on its users for support.