NT Survey - Authorship
The best argument is for Pauline authorship, possibly with the help of a secretary.
Lesson Forty: The Pastoral Epistles
A. Arguments against Pauline authorship
3. Historical situation
4. Second-century heresy
5. Ecclesiastical situation
8. Missing in certain manuscripts
B. Arguments for Pauline authorship
1. Claim to be written by Paul
2. Knowledge of the Pastorals by:
a. Clement of Rome (95-96)
b. Polycarp (110-135)
3. Pauline reminiscences
4. Too short for statistical analysis
C. Various Suggestions Concerning Authorship
1. Paul wrote the pastorals.
2. Written by a secretary under Pauline instruction.
3. They were not written by Paul but contain Pauline fragments.
4. The Pastorals are completely pseudonymous.
D. The best argument is for Pauline authorship, possibly with the help of a secretary.