Shepherding Insights: 10 Things to Not Do
Login to download lecture and curriculum
When you are encouraging someone as a friend who has experienced spiritual abuse, there are 6 elements of your relationship that will be helpful to avoid.
Shepherding Inights: 10 Things to Not Do
1. Don't fall prey to the temptation to give them answers.
2. Don't judge their feelings and experiences.
3. Don't make it your job to make them feel better.
4. Don't let them take blame for the abuse.
5. Don't let them play the victim.
6. Don't do for them what they can do for themselves.
7. Don't process your own feelings with the person you are helping.
8. Don't promise more than you can give.
9. Don't let them control you.
10. Don't become a therapist.