Much of the daily work of ministry involves menial and mundane tasks. The glorious side of ministry overshadows the inglorious.
Inglorious and Glorious Aspects of Ministry
A. The Inglorious
1. The menial and the mundane
2. Nice but insignificant
3. A feeling of limited competence
4. Suspicion and mistrust
5. Unrealistic expectations
6. Hurt and disappointment
8. Seeing behind the screen
B. The Glorious
1. There's great glory in bringing the good news
2. There's glory in doing what God calls good
3. There's glory in hiddenness
4. There's glory in watching over souls
5. There's glory in the great challenge
6. There's glory in entering the same profession chosen by the Lord Jesus
7. There will be great glory in judgment
Along the left side of the window are all the files you can download for this lecture. (You need to be logged into you user account to see these links.) This includes a link to download the lecture in high quality or in fast download, and any handouts we have available. If the link does not appear, then we do not have the material.
If you want to listen to the lecture on the computer, you can click the right arrow on the Listen now player (the free Flash player is required). Be patient as it can take some time to start playing if your connection to the internet is not fast.
Check out the tabs on the page. They show you the outline and transcription for the lecture (if they are available). You can also click on Reference Materials and search BibleGateway for helpful information. If you copy the code under the Embed tab and paste it into your own website, blog, etc, then people can click on your link and listen to the lecture without leaving your site. (If you are not familiar with web technology, your webmaster may need to do this for you.)